Building Great Shortcuts
Show Apple's description.
Shortcuts enable people to quickly and easily accomplish actions or get things done hands-free using Siri and the Shortcuts app. Join us for a tour of where shortcuts can appear, how you can customize the experience, and how your app’s shortcuts can be used with variables and actions from other apps.
- Summary of an Action should be short and only contain necessary parameter
- Best way to add shortcut is right inside the app after the action that should be added has been completed
- Offer to add shortcuts for repeatable actions
- Activation Phrase should be short and pronounceable
- Suggested Shortcuts List can be updated by app via API a often as wanted. Apple also populated this list based on device usage like recently used apps.
- Input and Output concept used to make actions work together. Actions can now output information for others to use, e.g. action could find a note wheas action 2 processes this. Both can be chained together.
- Intent Editor lets the developer modify intents
This note was originally published at https://github.com/Blackjacx/WWDC